|Height||179 cm (5'10")|
Twelve Guardians (Former)
|Relatives||Yukari Otomi (ex-Wife)|
Mayura Otomi (Daughter)
Zenkichi Otomi (Ex-Father-in-law)
Yuzuru Amawaka (cousin/foster sister)
|Manga Debut||Chapter 7|
|Anime Debut||Episode 8|
|Voiced by||Jun'ichi Suwabe|
Seigen Amawaka (天若 清弦 Amawaka Seigen?) is an exorcist and former White Tiger (白虎 Byakko?) of the Twelve Guardians. He is also the father of Mayura Otomi and the ex-husband of Yukari Otomi. He also mentored Shimon Ikaruga, Rokuro Enmadou and Yuuto Ijika.
He is always seen wearing a suit. He has long multi colored hair and rather dead blue eyes along with eye bags under them. Notably, Seigen appears rather short for his age, a fact that he seems easily able to become furious over, as he admonished Ryougo for becoming taller than him by forcing him to sit in seiza. After fighting with Yuuto, he lost his right arm.
He is shown to dislike lack of manners. He is quite ruthless in his own ways of training his disciples and he lacks of paternal feelings. He also never shows his own feelings, but he is very honest no matter with who he talks and what situation he is in. He is fearless in front of his opponents but careful and isn't one to back down at any cost.
Seigen is ultimately someone with a cold exterior, and he seldom lets emotion show on his face. He maintains this cold demeanor towards not only acquaintances like his father-in-law but also towards his disciples, Rokuro and Ryougo, and even towards his daughter Mayura.
Despite his many quirks, Seigen is highly respected by exorcists and his allies. Although he asks Mayura to stop calling him her father, since he is never around, Mayura notes that they understand his decision to leave, for the safety of Mayura and her mother. Furthermore, he expresses concern for Rokuro often, though he does not readily display it. In reality, beneath his tough nature lies a very kind heart. He is known to have been disapproving of children getting involved in fighting impurities, and many view him as an exemplary exorcist. Notable examples include Shimon Ikaruga, who appears to idolize him, and Arima, who bowed to him to thank him for his long service as a Guardian.
Seigen was born and raised on Tsuchimikado Island, he was part of a group called, "Ritsu" and it was made up of Seigen's family, the Amawaka House. Their job was to kill those who caused disturbances to their island. Most of the targets they had to kill were exorcists that caught the curse of "Jugon Monoimi". This curse had spread in Tsuchimikado Island at the time. Those who were affected by the Jugon Monoimi would fall under the influence of the Yin Aura, they will lose self-control and attack people. His group excelled in the arts of killing people rather than impurities. Seigen was forced to transfer to the Tsuchimikado Island Reserve Exorcist Training Center where Arima Tsuchimikado also went to at the time. Seigen was given another mission where he had to execute Otomi Satoshi, the brother of his ex-wife, Yukari Otomi. Roughly about 28 years ago, he had been friends with Arima Tsuchimikado, Arata Inanaki and Narumi Ioroi in their schooling times.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As a former guardian, Seigen was well known as the one of the strongest exorcists. After his fight with Yuto, he has lost some of full strength but retains enough to easily defeat Rokuro in a sparring match.
Enchanted Gear: Being an Exorcist, Seigen is able to use Enchanted Gears to help him combat Impurities when fighting in Magano.
- Air Fissure Bullet (裂空魔弾 Rekkū Madan?): As Rokuro's mentor, Seigen is capable of using the same technique as him. He places charms on rocks and put his spell power, then fires them using his thumb with high speed like a bullet that capable to blast away some hills and grounds. Benio described the power to be on a whole different level than Rokuro's.
White Lotus, Tiger Arms (白蓮虎砲 Byakuren Kohō?): After enchanting his glove with the Beast Claw Master Talisman (獣装顕符 Jūsōgenpu?), it becomes a huge rocky white claw. With this Seigen is capable to cut his opponent without even moving a single inch. After he loses his right arm during his fight with Yuto, he is no longer capable of using the White Tiger and later passes on the charm to his daughter, Mayura as his successor.
- White Lotus Tiger Arms Mystic Spell Equip (白蓮虎砲 纏神呪 Byakuren Kohō Matoi Kajiri?): With Byakko Meikyo Fu (白虎明鏡符 Byakko Meikyō Fu?, "Byakko, Clear Mirror Charm") Seigen releases the power of Byakko which grants him tremendous strength and speed. His entire body is covered by the White Tiger Enchanted Gear and his hair is let loose. During this form he can destroy Yuuto's Rekkou Hadan in an instant but he is still able to defeat him.
- In Episode 20, Seigen can be seen resting on a rooftop similar to Kuroko No Basuke's Aomine Daiki, coincidentally both of them share the same voice actor.
- In the Chinese zodiac, there are twelve animals and five elements for every animal. Seigen could be an earth tiger which is the reason why his Byakuren Kohou has a rock like appearance.
- After his retirement from Twelve Guardians, he lives with Yukari and Mayura as a family again.
- There should be no secret between husband and wife.