|Kanji||焔魔堂 (えんまどう) ろくろ|
Humanoid Kegare (anime)
Kanto Headquarters Exorcist Group
Seika Dormitory (formerly)
Hinatsuki Dormitory (formerly)
Twin Star Exorcist House
|Relatives||Benio Adashino (Future Wife) (Girlfriend) anime only |
Yuto Ijika (Future Brother-in-Law/Enemy)
Miko (Future Child)
Abe no Seimei (Mother)
Ryogo Nagitsuji (Surrogate Brother)
|Manga Debut||Chapter 1|
|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
|Voiced by||Natsuki Hanae|
Rokuro Enmado (焔魔堂 ろくろ Enmadō Rokuro?) is the main protagonist of Twin Star Exorcists series.He is an exorcist and is the only survivor from the Hiinatsuki Dormitory. Together with Benio Adashino, they are the current Twin Star Exorcists, destined to have a child who will be the Miko. He is also the head of the Enmado House.
Rokuro has messy dark brown hair, with a small ahoge at the top. When he was first shown, he was quite short, with red eyes and sharp teeth. Originally he lost his right arm when he was 12, but due to special circumstances was able to gain a new one.
Two years later, Rokuro still has the same hairstyle but seems to have grown a bit longer. He is shown to have grown much taller and seems to have a stronger build.
In the past he was quite cheerful, having dreams to cleanse and destroy all Impurities and Magano, but after the Hiinatsuki tragedy, due to the fear of losing more "people that he cared about", he decided to stop fighting and quit being an exorcist. He often attempts to become someone big in various areas like: soccer, acting, etc. but he lacks all kind of talent and fails at everything, including simple things as map reading.
Even though he doesn't want to fight, he can't stand by and do nothing when someone needs help, and he is ready to risk his life to help those in need, for example, when he saved Benio from the impurity she had trouble defeating herself, and when he rushed to Magano to save Ryougo, not taking any dangers in consideration.
Rokuro is a bit reckless at times and is very talkative, or, as Benio calls him, "loud". He retains a lot of emotional pain but keeps a strong exterior to make sure none of his friends worry about him.
After two years, he is shown to have matured, has a better sense of responsibility and is a very hardworking individual, both in exorcism and in school. In the anime, when he and Benio found Sae, he developed a father-like side, always watching out for Sae and worrying about her safety and well-being before his own.
When he was six years old, Rokuro was found by Seigen in the Magano with no memories of his past. He was then brought to the Hiinatsuki Dormitory, where Ryougo took care of him. When Rokuro was young, his dream was to become the strongest exorcist and exorcise all the impurities and sins. By the age of 12, he was already an amazing exorcist that was acknowledged by many. One day, one of Rokuro's classmates, Ijika Yuto, performed a forbidden ritual that would transform all students involved at Hiinatsuki Dormitory into Fallen Impurity, causing chaos into the campus. Rokuro himself was caught in the ritual, but rather than becoming a Fallen Impurity along with everyone else, his arm had turned into that of an Impurity, and a powerful one at that. With no choice left, Rokuro was forced to put down his fellow friends and students, he reluctantly killed everyone in the dormitory before confronting Yuto. The two fought and Rokuro managed to severely wound Yuto though latter had managed to escaped into Magano but his wounds gave Rokuro the belief that he'd died as a result. Ever since the tragedy, he gave up on being an exorcist due to the pain of the losses, despite being one of the most powerful, and loathes everything that has to do with them.
Rokuro was first seen confessing to a girl, but she turned him down, even telling him that there is nothing good about him. Rokuro rushed to Seika Dormitory, where he asked everyone if there was something good about him, but received stupid "good" qualities. As Rokuro was stating his dream, Ryougo and the rest told him he is not good at anything else other than exorcism and that he should become exorcist. This annoyed Rokuro, resulting in him leaving to clear his mind.
As Rokuro was walking outside, he saw a girl falling from the sky into the river and tried to save her, but he ended up needing to be saved by her. She asked him to help on getting to the place on the map she had, but in the end Rokuro wasn't able to find the spot. As they saw 2 children disappear into Magano, she used a charm and opened a portal to Magano to go and save them and Rokuro followed her. As Benio defeated multiple Impurities, a stronger Impurity showed up. She left the kids to Rokuro and gave him a charm to use to get out of Magano, while she defeats it. As she was about to be defeated, Rokuro stepped in and used a black charm, transforming one of his hands after which he defeated the Impurity with a single blow. That annoyed Benio, as she stepped on Rokuro's foot after that and told him that she didn't ask for his help.
After they left Magano, they met Kinu, the woman that takes care of Benio. Before heading towards the place she had to go, she and Rokuro exchanged names. In the end, Benio had to go to Seika Dormitory and when Rokuro came, they mocked him for not being able to read a map to his own place.
Powers and Abilities
Impurity Arm: During the Hinatsuki Tragedy, his original arm was devoured by an impurity corrupted trainee, and he eventually got corrupted like the other trainees,but he manage to suppress the corruption and only had his arm regenerated into a rocky red impurity arm. The arm grants him immense power and speed and has helped him exorcise impurities with one punch. However,since the arm is Impurity-based, it potentially can corrupt Rokuro again.
- Star Revealment Talisman (星装顕符 Seisōgenpu?, "Celestial Gear Expose Charm"): Rokuro use this black charm to summon and control his Impurity Arm to perform exorcisms effectively. It is also a seal to disguise his arm into a human arm and prevent Rokuro being corrupted again.Unlike regular Enchanted Gears, it can use unlimited times. After the second fight with Yuuto, his master (Seigen) gave him a red evolved form of his black charm, which gave to the new version of his arm; Astral Disaster.
- Void-rending Bullet (裂空魔弾 Rekkū Madan?): Rokuro levitates multiple rocks and places a charm on them, he then fires them at high speed all at once.
- Ryūsei Sumasshu (?): Rokuro creates the Wu Xing with his fingers while chanting and punches through the symbol, the destructive strength of the attack is extremely powerful.
To fight Impurities, Rokuro uses different Talismans (霊符 Reifu?, "Spirit Charms") that vary in effect and aid him in combat.
- Strong Arm Talisman (轟腕符 Gōwan Fu?, "Rumbling Arm Charm"):
- Fast Leg Talisman (韋駄天符 Idaten Fu?, "Skanda Charm"):
- Iron Body Talisman (金剛符 Kongō Fu?, "Adamantine Charm"): Iron Armor Enchantment (鎧包業羅 Gaihō Gōra?, "Armor Tent Karmic Clothes")
- Tekkai Ragan (鐵塊羅岩 Tekkai Ragan?, "Iron Mass, Stone Cloak"): 
Resonance (共振 (レゾナンス) Rezonansu?): An ability exclusive to only to the Twin Star Exorcists, it allows Rokuro and Benio to combine and multiply each other's power.
Reception (受付 (レセプション) Resepushon?): An ability exclusive only to the twin Star Exorcists, it allows Rokuro and Benio to hear the voices of the impurities.
Abe no Seimei Form
Rokuro has, at two points, briefly become a manifestation of Abe no Seimei after seeing a brief vision of an apparently young child, implied to be the Miko, who "has finally reached him." When Rokuro first used the form, it was during his fight with Yuto and it healed the hole he received in his stomach and gave him the strength to fight and overwhelm Yuto both in his regular form and Kegare form. The second time he uses it is during Sayo's Divination Ceremony, Rokuro's Spirit Guardian is shown to be somehow related to Abe No Seimei as it summoned all of the guardians and caused them to all bow before him something Shimon Ikaruga stated he had never heard of.
Because Arima Tsuchimikado sealed off his powers with a spell, Rokuro had to change his way of fighting. After Arimori Tsuchimikado had used a spell to undo some of the seal, Rokuro is now able to use some of his old powers permitting him to use Shikigami which he needed for future fights.
- Flaming Ohagi Man (焼きおはぎマン Yaki Ohagi-Man?): Having been taught by Arimori about how to use a Shikigami, Rokuro has managed to create his very own which he used for Exorcist Games. When Arimori told Rokuro to picture his shikigami after something in his memories, he recalled when Benio showed him her drawing of a creature made of Ohagi. At first glance, it didn't seem impressive until Rokuro activated it and disperse large amounts of power.
- Twin Buster Flamberge (双天破神焔魔炎撃拳(ツインバスターフランベルジェ) Tsuin Basutā Furanberuje?): When activating Flame Demon, Blaze Attack (焔魔炎撃 Enma Engeki?), the flames coating Ohagi Man surge, and Rokuro enchants his gauntlets with the power covering them and half of his face in armor. It was likely a homage to his Kegare arm. Rokuro first used in his fight with Kankuro Mitosaka at the Exorcist Games.
- 'Star Damned (星方獄炎焦殺(スターダムド) Sutā Damudo?): It was first seen in Rokuro's fight with Kankuro Mitsoka. The spell allows Rokuro to propel himself with great speed and sends his opponents flying even powerful opponents like a member of the Twelve Guardians. Once used, it leaves flames resembling that of dragons behind in its wake. 
- Golt Smash Incendio (金烏天衝炎滅魔焦弾(ゴルトスマッシュ・インセンディオ) Goruto Sumasshu Insendio?): After using Star Damned and going above his opponents in the air, Rokuro can fire a powerful blast at his target sending them crashing to ground.
- Enhanced Enchanted Power: As noted by Kengo Ujii, the Shikigami's level of power was incredibly high and said to be even comparable to Tenma Unomiya who is the strongest of the Twelve Guardians. Kengo took no chance and told the Exorcists at the games to increase the power of the barriers surrounding the arena. 
Kegare Rage Mode
Has Red full eyes, Purple aura like that has sharper teeth and a seiman appearing in his upper body
As the cataclysm King, its body emits orange like flames and it stands as tall as building. It has the ability to emit waves to absorb the spell power only from humans with weak spell power, turning them into stone as a result.
Mikage Tsuchimikado said that the cataclysm King purpose is to cleanse the world by absorbing the spell power of humans with weak spell power. The spell power will be accumulated and use to restore the body of Abe no Seimei. This ritual is called the Grand Cleansing Ritual.
Rokuro and Benio are destined to marry and give birth to the strongest exorcist, the Miko. At first, he is against this. But after they were forced to live together in order to become closer and accept their given name as the Twin Star Exorcists, he still refuses to accept marrying her. Benio seems to be in love with him even though he is totally oblivious to it. Rokuro has strong feelings to protect her even if it means it would cost him his life. Benio is also seen to show the same feelings. When she lost her legs in an intense battle against Yuuto, she felt very helpless looking at Rokuro fighting and losing which made her resolve to agree to the eleventh Basara Kamui's offer to give her the legs of an Impurity so she can fight again together with Rokuro.
On their first night out, Rokuro gifts two bellflower shaped accessories to Benio as a token of friendship, although the manga and anime heavily imply they are more than friends. Rokuro in the later chapters seems to get embarrassed easily by seeing Benio smile showing signs of attraction. He has also bathed together with Benio as a "challenge", although he passes out from a nosebleed and shock as Benio faints from embarrassment while washing his back. You could easily say their relationship is definitely more than simplistic friends, as they live together (at the forcing of Arima), have bathed together and respect each other as formidable exorcists.
In chapter 33, he and Benio shared their first kiss.
In the anime, you could easily say that Rokuro has feelings for Benio because he blushes when he sees Benio smile from the bottom of her heart. He later kisses Benio and accept some their engagement.
She is Rokuro's childhood friend. She is in love with Rokuro but he is oblivious to it. Rokuro seems to care about her but only because she was there when he wanted someone to be with him during bad times, such as the Hiinatsuki Dormitory Incident, and helped him get back up. She is very worried at first about Rokuro being an exorcist again but soon accepts it. She also seems to accept Benio's and Rokuro's relationship and them both staying in the same house.
In later chapters when she sees Rokuro and Benio together always fighting and becoming stronger she feels left behind hopelessly and starts training with Rokuro and Benio in their house on weekends and saying that she won't let Rokuro and Benio have, as she coins often, "illicit sexual relationships". Determined not to get left behind by the Sousei and saddened by her "low resolve", she becomes one of the Twelve Heavenly Commanders while fighting a Basara, seemingly "inheriting" her father's post.
An ex-Heavenly Commander who is also Rokuro and Ryougo's exorcist mentor. Rokuro's relationship with Seigen is that of an "idiot disciple" and a teacher. Rokuro (and Ryougo) are seemingly abused by him during his 'teaching methods' and treats them like helpless kids who don't know the cruelty of the world.
His teacher-student relationship with Rokuro becomes rocky as he interrupts (read: saves) the Sousei from being defeated by a strong Kegare, hearing Rokuro's "pretty words" and challenging him to a fight to show his power to back them up. Rokuro loses easily and his black charm is ripped to shreds. Later, Seigen gifts an evolved version of the black talisman to Rokuro after a series of events which involved him losing an arm. Their relationship improves steadily after that.
One of the Heavenly Commander who hated Rokuro at first after encountering him at the magano with Benio but he does acknowledge his power after fought several Kegare by himself. His relationship with rokuro is a friend as the manga slowly starts. He develops respect for Rokuro when he came to his aid after the basara who wants to kill them both Shimon and his little sister/cousin named "Chiiko".After both saving them Shimon proudly and kneel down to Rokuro thanking and saying, that he is honored to have been able to fight alongside with
She has a huge crush on Rokuro. She snuck into his bed while he was sleeping twice.
Initially, she was hostile towards Rokuro simply because he was an exorcist from the mainland. She disregarded his title as a Twin Star and looked down on him when he was unable to anything in Magano. However, she was shocked when Rokuro saved her from Kegare despite her previous treatment towards him. Shizuru was left blushing at the thought of being saved by a mainland Exorcist. It seems she developed feelings for him as she was blushing as a result of the experience. She later caught a glimpse of him at the Seiyouin Academy, hiding and blushing at seeing Rokuro again.
Rokuro first encountered Arimori at the Seiyouin Exorcist Academy, he bumped into him by accident and was shocked to learn from Kinako that he was the son of Arima Tsuchimikado. In response, Arimori stated Rokuro was the worst kind of person after he insulted his father. The two met again at the Enmado House where Arimori voiced his in
- Rokuro's surname contains the kanji for "flame" (焔?), "demon" (魔?), and "temple" (堂?).
- Rokuro hates curry due to Benio making curry for 20 consecutive days according to the manga.
- Rokuro's Enchanted Gear is similar to Kamen Rider Double's Fang Memory because of their past slaughter as well as their animalistic look/behavior. It also bears similarity to the mutation of Piers Nivans from Resident Evil 6, since both manage to retain their minds while regenerated a mutant arm.
- There are four girls who have a crush on Rokuro: Benio Adashino, Mayura Otomi ,Sayo Ikaruga, and Shizuru Ioroi.
- ↑ Twin Stars Exorcist Manga: Chapter 7, Page 19
- ↑ Twin Star Exorcists Manga: Chapter 28
- ↑ Twin Star Exorcists Manga: Chapter 44, Pages 24-25
- ↑ Twin Star Exorcists Manga: Chapter 44, Pages 30-31
- ↑ Twin Star Exorcists Manga: Chapter 44, Page 33
- ↑ Twin Star Exorcists Manga: Chapter 44, Pages 40-41
- ↑ Twin Star Exorcists Manga: Chapter 44, Pages 40-41
- ↑ Twin Stars Exorcist Anime: Episode 49
- ↑ Twin Stars Exorcist Anime: Episode 50
- ↑ Chapter 21
- ↑ Chapter 21