|Manga Debut||Chapter 22|
In his normal form, Hijirimaru had long and gray hair tied in two pigtails with two locks of hair hiding his eyes. He was dark skinned and had a kuji-kiri on his stomach. Being a Basara, one of his eyes was certainly completely black with a red pupil and cracks around the eye, and the other eye was golden-colored.
In his final form, Hijirimaru's hair was untied and both his eyes became golden-colored.
Hijirimaru enjoys toying with humans and has absolutely no pity for them. He enjoys killing his opponents to awaken the rage and hatred of their loved one, in order to gain more power after killing them too. He seemingly dislikes being interrupted in a battle.
Despite being cruel, he cares for Higano, having helped him to grow stronger so the two of them could leave Magano together. After Higano kills himself to give his remaining spell power to him, Hijirimaru becomes furious and awakens his final form to annihilate the exorcists.
Powers and Abilities
- General Powers: Hijirimaru is a hand-to-hand combat expert with a lot of fighting experience from battling many impurities and numerous exorcists along with the Twelve Guardians he fought in the past. He has immense spell power and quick reflex, while playing with exorcists with little to no effort. His risk rank was S+ which shows how dangerous he is than a regular Basara.
- Earth Manipulation: Hijirimaru has the ability to control small rocks or dust particle, invisible to the human eye, with his fingertips. Due to that any enemy who is unaware of his ability is powerless against him and is killed off quickly. After absorbing Higano's powers, Hijirimaru became much more powerful.
- Zansho Mugyo (斬礁無形 Zanshō Mugyō?, lit. Intangible Reff): Hijirimaru's Impure Death Equip. It takes the form of two giant claws that cover the full length of his arms.
- "Either way, I have no business with trash-like enchanted powers! The crazy huge enchanted powers we picked up 2-3 days ago, that's our target!!"
— to Higano.
- "As long as you don't get in my way, I'll keep you by my side."
— to Higano.
- "There's no saving you ~ yup. Your whole lot is an existence that can't be saved. You claw, and struggle, yeee and survive, and you choose a path of fighting, a path of suffering, of your own free will."
— to Rokuro.
- "Hah... that's one dirty sky. Right, Higano?" — to Himself (before dying).